After a good 2 weeks off on holiday I am back in the (not so sunny) UK, and already back in the swing of things. A fortnight in Mexico is just what the Doctor ordered. Beautiful blue skies. Warm tropical sea. Cocktails at the bar. And more All inclusive food than you can shake a stick at!
Holidays are all about letting your hair down and letting your waistline go, but it is still super important that whilst you are enjoying yourself… you remember to make the right meal choices so you can enjoy the holiday from your sun lounger – not from your air conditioned bedroom!!!
This is probably the easiest meal of the day to get right.
- Sticky buns
- Porridge (you cannot guarantee it is only oats)
- Barley juice drinks
- Breaded chicken and meats
- Battered fish
- Cooking sauces
- Meats (no sauce or batter)
A la Carte
Be sensible when you look at the menu here. You are abroad. Not everywhere is geared up to food allergies, I mean, lets face it, the UK is only just getting its head around food intolerance so we need to be a little bit patient.
- Ask for your main meal to come without sauce or gravy
- Dont get tempted by bread rolls
- Check to see how they thicken soup
- Choose the meal on the menu which is least likely to have wheat in its cooking process.
You can work up a real appetite on holiday, but if you follow these basic rules as a minimum – you can pretty much guarantee that the only thing that can interrupt you will be the weather, mosquitoes and too much tequila!